TCFSNE operates as a social enterprise to reduce food from going to landfill and instead redirects the food to community projects in the region, that support people in food poverty.
Located within a large depot owned by Your Homes Newcastle we intake, store, allocate and distribute food via 16 volunteers and 2 vans to 45 different community projects.
Recruitment and screening process for volunteers:
Application form and informal interview/ depot visit
CRB required: No
Times you can volunteer (Morning, afternoon, evening): Mainly mornings (9am to 1pm)
Description of role:
• Administration and customer service related tasks.
• Intaking food onto a central database and allocating it to customers via the use of simple software.
• Telephoning customers to place their orders.
• Updating excel and word documents
• And/or General warehouse work
Specific skills required:
Office based volunteering - Basic IT skills, excel, word and database related tasks
Pre-placement requirements: (i.e. training (number of hours, specific times i.e. weekend), meeting with supervisor, references):