► Fundraising Group Member
Cancer is the toughest fight most of us will ever face. But people don't have to go through it alone. The Macmillan team is with them every step of the way. We are the nurses and therapists helping people through treatment. The experts on the end of the phone. The advisers telling people about benefits. The campaigners improving cancer care. And the volunteers helping people every day. Would you like to be part of our team?
Recruitment and screening process for volunteers:
Apply online, meet with fundraising manager.
CRB required: no
Times you can volunteer (Morning, afternoon, evening):
Monday-Friday: Mornings and Afternoons
Description of role:
We want to make Macmillan the best-known local charity in the North East, and that's why we're looking for special volunteers to help boost our fundraising network. Whether you join an existing fundraising group or help us set up a new one, you'll be making a massive difference to Macmillan and, ultimately, to the lives of people affected by cancer.
If you've got what it takes, you'll be involved in a whole host of vital activities including:
- planning, organising and promoting your group's fundraising events with other group and committee members
- collecting funds on behalf of the charity and looking after the collection tins
- attending group meetings
- acting as an ambassador for Macmillan through building community networks
- giving enthusiastic presentations to community organisations and schools
- delivering Macmillan merchandise to local supporters
- complying with legal requirements such as health and safety legislation for fundraising events
- keeping records of the group's financial activities, arranging submission of funds and overseeing the year end accounts in line with Macmillan's guidelines.
Specific skills required:
-good communication skills
-strong organisational skills
-numeracy and book keeping skills
-honesty and reliability
-an ability to be a team player
-passion and enthusiasm
-an interest in cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides
In return, as one of Macmillan's fantastic volunteers you'll benefit from:
- having your expenses paid within agreed guidelines
- public speaking training and guidance on media and PR work if requested
- the opportunity to develop your leadership, communications, fundraising, PR and organisational skills
- the chance to boost your CV