► University Accomodation

University Accomodation

If you are a student currently in University residences you should direct you concerns to the residence site staff in the first instance or alternatively the University Accommodation Service in the Kings’ Gate building on main campus.

University Accommodation is required by law to meet specific standards. They are signed up to the UUK/GuildHE Code of practice. This can show the standards they have to meet.  Your safety, whether living in University Accommodation or in the Private Rented Sector is paramount.

During your welcome you are guided to a link on Fire safety. Fire Safety is a particular concern where large numbers of people residence. Tyne and Wear Fire Service also provide some guidance.

In the rare event you may need to make a complaint about your accommodation you will need to follow the University Accommodation complaints procedure to do this.

NU Student Homes is part of the University Accommodation Service, providing University managed properties in the private rented sector.



Housing and Personal Safety

Please click the following link for a short safety information film.


Gas Safety Certificate

Does the rented accommodation you are living in have a current Gas Safety Certicate?

Click on the link for more information.


Burglary Information

Click the link below for important information about police procedures if you have been burgled.