Northumberland County Scouts
The Scout Association operates under a royal charter. Northumberland Scouts and the 100 groups therein operate in accordance with the policy organisation and rules (POR) of the Scout Association.
Volunteers must be over 18 years old and after CRB checks will be trained as adult leaders and allocated to a Scout group. Scout groups cater for young people aged 6-18 years.
Volunteer Roles are;
• Adult leader - volunteers will receive progressive training as adult leaders on assistants in scout group sections appropriate to the range they choose.
Scout groups are scattered throughout the communities of Northumberland, North Tyneside and Newcastle.
Skills Acquisition : volunteers will experience;
- dealing with young people
- training in skills and methods appropriate to leading the age group of their choice
- leading and assisting other adults in preparation and implementation of activity programmes for young people
- joint administration of a scout group which could involve admin skills, fund raising, first aid etc.