Where: Caring Hands are based in Shieldfield and serves the Sandyford/Ouseburn Ward
What: Caring Hands supports the elderly and disabled living in the Ouseburn ward of Newcastle. They occasionally offer services to the East End of the city also. They have a small amount of work dedicated to working with refugees and asylum seekers.
Requirements: Volunteers are required for;
• Drivers (25+) local pick-ups for laundry service cover (occasionally) Wednesday 8.30am-10.30am then 2.00pm-3pm and for trips out (times/dates to suit volunteer)
• Gardener work – clear-up /basic tidy-ups. Local Ouseburn ward (Mon-Fri any day which suits volunteer)
• Computer programmer – eg design programme to store information on clients and services – database etc.
• Office Cover – occasional office cover for admin, general telephone message taking – first point of contact for clients.
• Lunch Club – Tuesday only 11am-2.30pm
Volunteers will gain skills in team building, communication & social skills.