Where: Bradbury Court, Newcastle
What: We are one of the UK's largest voluntary sector providers of services for disabled people. Our wide range of services provide support, respite and care for people with disabilities and their carers.
Whether you are seeking education and skills development, employment support, social care or leisure activities, we are here to help.
We have over 200 local services and projects, including residential homes, daytime activities, support in your own home and short break. All of our services are designed to meet the needs and priorities of disabled people.
Our aim is to maximise personal choice and independence for people with disabilities.
1. Event Co-ordinator - As part of a team planning events such as such as coffee mornings, summer barbeques, fun days and day trips. Promoting the events within the local community. Helping to ensure events run smoothly on the day
2. Sports Enthusiast - Accompanying a sociable, outgoing male to sporting events such as the football, darts, and cricket. Also attending music gigs and going out for lunch
3. Music Enthusiast - Organise monthly music appreciation nights for the tenants at Bradbury Court.
Plan a programme of music with tenants according to music preference.
4. Craft/sewing enthusiast – To support tenants with crafts and sewing.
5. Paperwork support – To advocate and support a tenant with paperwork , telephone calls.
Training will be given to all volunteers, consisting of;
• Volunteer induction Training
• Disability Equality Training
• Moving and Handling (including assisting wheelchair users as required by risk assessment)
Volunteering raises self esteem/awareness, gain employability skills, and training that is work/job related.