Posted on Mon 02 Dec 2019 at 10:07 by Athletic Union Officer Nusu
What have I done this term?
- Planned and delivered club Officer, Welfare Officer, First Aid and CHANGES Training
- Held AU AGM where the 9 members of AU Executive Committee were elected
- Chaired 3 AU Exec Meetings
- Allocated club grants
- Planned (and am running this week) my Inclusive Sport Week campaign
- Speaking at BUCS Winter Seminar on initiations and dangerous behaviours on student socials
- Attended lots of club taster and training sessions to see the amazing things that our clubs do
- Overseen a busy first semester of BUCS and non-BUCS fixtures with some brilliant results along the way
- Been involved in the University’s climate conversation and looking at our next steps
- Grown (and now happily removed) a moustache for Movember
What has been your biggest achievement?
Planning this campaign has been a real challenge but I’m ready to pull it off and improve the offering of disability sport we have here at Newcastle. We’ve got sessions in Goalball, Boccia, Sitting Volleyball and Visually Impaired Cricket going on this week as well as talks from the amazing Francesca Martinez and Clarke and Carrie Carlisle.
What could you have improved on?
There are a few manifesto points that I haven’t managed to tackle yet due to how manic this first term has been so I’m looking forward to getting stuck into those next semester. Also a few of our sports that are at sites further away I haven’t managed to get out to yet so I’m going to make sure I do next term.
What do you plan to do next term?
More campaigns are on the way in the form of This Girl Can and Rainbow Laces. I’m also working with the Commuting Students Officer and the University Sustainability team on getting access on the bus for our students to get out to the facilities at Cochrane Park and Longbenton. Then there’s the small matter of planning the AU Ball!