Posted on Mon 13 May 2019 at 11:03 by Charlotte Boulton
END OF YEAR REPORT FOR
STUDENTS’ UNION COUNCIL
What have you done this term?
- Attended Menstrual Care meeting with Raff and Jack to discuss upcoming plans for free menstrual products on campus.
- Acted as Panels Lead for the Mind The Gap Conference, leading two panels of students discussing mental health.
- Supported Students for Global Health Newcastle with their society event about period poverty, promoting on the PTO page.
- Supported Youth Stop AIDS with their first event discussing HIV and AIDS.
- Delivered a speech as a keynote speaker at the Student Rep Awards.
What has been your biggest achievement?
- Getting involved with the Mind the Gap Conference, taking the lead on Panels was something really exciting and different, and it definitely helped to use my MGO connections when finding panellists. The conference was really successful which is great and I hope to be involved next year!
What could you have improved on?
- Probably could have done some more stuff, but it is dissertation season so for once my degree has had to come first ??
What piece of advice would you pass on to your successor?
- Make the most of every opportunity that comes your way from this role - from this I've had opportunities to meet with the staff networks, speak at public events and talk to important directors in the university and union, that I never would have been able to do otherwise. And have fun - you're making a change, and you're surrounded by loads of support to do so, so enjoy it!