YOUR UNIVERSITY. YOUR UNION. YOUR VOTE. #FROMYOUFORYOU
Having already been nominated as Changemaker of the year by NUSU, I am passionate and determined to bring about the changes needed to enhance the overall student experience. I am Hussnain Shahid running to be your next NUSU President. A vote FROM YOU will mean positive change FOR YOU. If elected:
- University life - My pivotal focus will be to enhance mental and physical wellbeing of students – having 2-week re-fresher’s, weekly outdoor activities and reducing costs associated with sporting societies and clubs
- Transparency - Lobby university departments to provide transparency of tuition fee for the current academic year 2020/21, providing receipt of how the university spends your tuition fee (home/international)
- Communication - Live Questions/Answers session weekly to update students directly and have better communication between SU and students • Sustainability - Increase the Campaign of Sustainability on-campus, we aim to be leaders of Climate Change Action
- Decolonising Union – Strengthen the collaboration with Liberation Officers to ensure marginalised voices are always heard
- Positive Action - Increase in scholarships and bursaries opportunities for current students.
Having experienced both pre-pandemic and lockdown student life, and having represented international students, I understand the problems faced by students