I want to ensure that the Student Union works for the students.
Hi, I’m Thomas Bracewell and I’m running for President. I have been President of the History Society Football Team for the past two years, so I comprehend how a society works and more importantly how to effectively communicate with students and staff. My promises are as follows:
DECREASE FINANCIAL CONCERNS OF STUDENTS.
- Decrease the hidden costs of university for students e.g. graduation, societies, intramural sport.
- Increase wages for students working at the University.
- Create more on-campus jobs for students.
- Expansion of campus representation of the Student Union through online schemes and lecture advertisement.
- Continue the standardisation of sports memberships and reducing the cost, with also introducing a monthly payment option.
ENHANCEMENT OF STUDENT FACILITIES.
- Enabling use of unused seminar rooms and lecture theatres during exam season.
- Computer cluster hours increased to 24/7.
INCREASE THE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS.
- Expansion of the NCL+ Award to ensure broader recognition for students who devote their time to others.
- Include society positions on students HEAR certificate.
INCREASED IMPETUS AND CONCENTRATION ON MENTAL HEALTH.
- Expansion of wellbeing services by increasing the availability of appointments.
- Give society committee members increased training to support struggling members.
- Liaise with the University to increase spending on mental health services and increasing academic allowances for those struggling.
Crucially, I believe my policies are not only beneficial to students but critically, realistic.