To nominate yourself, a friend or a group for an award please complete a nomination form, answering three questions:
- What have they done?
- What impact has this had?
- Sum up your nomination in 50 words or fewer.
To give yourself or the person you are nominating the best chance of winning, it is important that you go into plenty of detail. Examples can be found by clicking the box on the right.
- Go into depth – remember the judges may not be familiar with your project, so we rely on you to tell us everything and really showcase it!
- Don’t be modest – sell yourself! Represent all your key achievements, don’t be afraid to show how proud you are. Think of it as interview practice!
- Demonstrate clear links to the award title, criteria and impact is important!
- If you are nominating someone else, consider asking them or others for their input to make sure you’ve covered everything
- Please don’t write a really brief entry – 2-3 lines is unlikely to tell us enough. Do them (or yourself) a favour, really put the effort into shouting about your success!
Nominations close at midnight on Sunday 14th April.
Please get in touch if you are unsure about your eligibility for any awards
Jo Day - Employability.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pride of Newcastle University Awards
Selected category winners from the different awards areas will be shortlisted for the Pride of Newcastle University Awards. This glittering awards ceremony celebrates ‘the best of the best’ in extra-curricular activity, and takes place on Thursday 6th June 2019 at the Civic Centre, Newcastle.
When nominating yourself, please keep this date free - you might be put through!
A number of selected winners of Celebrating Success Awards will be invited to this ceremony once the results of have been made public in May - keep an eye on your emails to see if your project progresses!