Thursday 30 January 2020 at 1pm - 5pm
Keep Calm and Get Creative (Permission to Pause)
Being creative can actually improve your mental wellbeing. Creativity can reduce anxiety, depression, and stress… And it can also help you process trauma.
Watch your Head art session
‘Release: tools to put your mind on the page through lyrics and poetry.’
- Time: 1pm
- Where: Kate Adie Room, NUSU, L1
- Transform your inner thoughts and feelings into creative and therapeutic song/poetry writing.
- Self-Identifying Women’s only writing session led by Eleasha Haslam, Marginalised Genders Officer.
BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethic) Poetry Session led by Sara Elkhawad, Welfare and Equality Officer.
- Time: 4pm
- Where: Martin Luther King Room (MLK), NUSU, L1
- Focussing on race and identity, find out how to start writing poetry or improve your existing skills.
Finishes at 17:00