Thursday 04 March 2021 at 2pm - 3pm
Plastic free and vegan bake along
Please log in to buy tickets.
Shaping Futures is a campaign aimed at raising awareness of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In particular, the campaign will focus on Responsible Consumption and Production, Gender Equality, Quality Education, and Climate Action.
Throughout the week commencing 1st March, we’ll be holding events and tutorials for both staff and students to learn about the goals, about what opportunities are out there, and how we can live more eco-friendly.
Join us for a live virtual baking class where we will share vegan baking recipes where we can use plastic free products too! We'll be making a showstopping 1 minute choc mug cake AND yummy vegan cookies!
If you would like to bake along, here's the ingredients you will need for each bake:
1 min vegan choc mug cake (made in the microwave)!
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp spelt, white, oat, or gf ap flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar, unrefined if desired, or xylitol for sugar-free
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch uncut stevia OR 1 more tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tsp coconut or vegetable oil (Many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana)
- 3 tbsp milk of choice, such as almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Yummy vegan cookies!
- 1 cup white, spelt, or oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, unrefined if desired
- 3 tbsp regular sugar, unrefined if desired
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips / dried fruit
- 3 tbsp butter (such as Melt vegan)
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk of choice
This is a free activity and please click 'buy ticket £0' below to book your place - once booked we will email you the zoom meeting instructions!
Finishes at 15:00