Friday 05 March 2021 at 2pm - 3pm
Plastic free and leftovers cook along!
Please log in to buy tickets.
Shaping Futures is a campaign aimed at raising awareness of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In particular, the campaign will focus on Responsible Consumption and Production, Gender Equality, Quality Education, and Climate Action.
Throughout the week commencing 1st March, we’ll be holding events and tutorials for both staff and students to learn about the goals, about what opportunities are out there, and how we can live more eco-friendly.
Join us for a live cook along where will be using left over food to reduce our food waste and using products that aren't wrapped in plastic too!
We'll be making a winter warmer hash and a super easy pizza - and the best thing is you can use any food you have available! Here are some suggestions for each recipe:
Winter warmer hash
- Loose winter veg (carrots, sprouts, cabbage, turnips, swede, sweet potatoe, butternut squash)
- Loose potatoes peeled (we'll make mash) or left over mash
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Optional - left over cooked meat
Super easy pizza:
- 1/2 cup of leftover plain (greek) yogurt and 1/2 cup self raising flour or tortilla
- tomoto passata or tomato pasta sauce
- cheese/ mozerella
- toppings of your choice - loose mushrooms / leftover meat / tomatoes / spinach
This is a free activity and please click 'buy ticket £0' below to book your place - once booked we will email you the zoom meeting instructions!
Finishes at 15:00