Wednesday 08 December 2021 at 9:30am - 2:30pm
Volunteer Passport Scheme Training
If you want to volunteer, but not sure what you want to do, then the Volunteer Passport Scheme could be the answer!
You just need to complete a single recruitment process with Pam at Volunteering Matters; Interview, references, DBS and induction, then complete one day of training, delivered by Newcastle City Learning and you’re good to go!
You’ll have access to lots of different volunteer roles with a range of organisations across the city, everything from ‘one off’ tasks, like helping at a planned event, to longer term volunteering!
Your training will cover the following:
- Introduction to volunteering
- Data Protection/GDPR
- Equality and Diversity
- Unconscious Bias
- Personal Safety and Understanding Risk
- Discrimination and Harassment
The next training dates are on November 3rd and December 8th, places are limited so if you’re interested in joining the scheme, get your application in as soon as possible!!
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Current Scheme Partners:
New Bridge Project/Shieldfield Youth Programme
Supporting, inspiring and engaging young people in Shieldfield
Keyring, (Chain Reaction)
Provides tenancy related support to vulnerable adults and people with a learning disability across Newcastle
Provides services which help elderly and disabled people in the East End of Newcastle.
Supports people experiencing homelessness, domestic violence, addictions or long-term unemployment across Newcastle
Small organisation based in Benwell, supporting older people and their carers in West End of Newcastle
Provides perfectly good surplus food to local community groups in the North East of England
Families 1st for Additional Needs
Provides a wide range of support services for families in need
Based at Brunswick Park Centre
National charity, operating across Newcastle. Offers homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move toward an independent and positive future
Ouseburn Farm is a community led project located in the Lower Ouseburn Valley, supporting and empowering people with learning difficulties or disabilities, people with Autism Spectrum Disorder or those with mental health problems, by enabling them to engage with creative outlets and farming activities.
Community Centre in the heart of Benwell. Cornerstone has a community café, shop, community pantry and an emergency food bank
Get Online Newcastle (Your Homes Newcastle & Newcastle City Council)
Committed to supporting residents of Newcastle to get online and equipping them with valuable digital skills
Mental Health Concern
Based in North East, it provides a wide range of specialist mental health services. Commissioned by the NHS and the Council
Recoco, (Recovery College)
Delivers peer led and coproduced courses and workshops free to people with mental health difficulties. These courses increase resilience and enable connections and mutuality to support recovery from trauma and distress.
Elswick Community Leisure Centre
Community-led, not for profit centre for fitness, health and fun, which houses a public gym, swimming pool, space for community events, meetings and fitness classes.
Current Passport Scheme Volunteer Roles
- Gardening - Brunswick Centre
- Gardening – Team activity, based at Bentinck Terrace, (supported living accommodation)
- Gardening - out in the community, completing garden tasks that people can’t manage themselves
- Supporting frontline youth work- engaging young people in Shieldfield
- Sessional youth work support- ‘behind the scenes’ role, supporting the smooth running of activities etc for young people in Shieldfield
- Art and Craft group volunteer- help to run an Art and Craft group for older people in East End of Newcastle
- IT volunteer- Supporting older people to access a variety of communication methods using phone and tablet computers.
- Reception desk volunteer
- Buy and Bite – assisting older people with shopping and socialising with lunch
- Occasional Greeter - supporting with creating a welcome environment at events
- Covid Response- community volunteering
- Telephone Buddy
- Warehouse Assistant
- Fundraising Team volunteer
- Fundraising Ambassador
- Community Champion- promoting the work of FareShare North East, it’s appeals and fundraising initiatives, within your community
- Community champion - supporting with group activities for older people
- Driver - deliver food parcels to service users and vulnerable people
- Driver - deliver food to charities across the north east, eg children’s clubs, community centres, hostels and refuges
- Driver’s Assistant
- Charity store volunteer
- Food Parcel and Café volunteer
- Befriender- Good Neighbour Scheme - visit an older person who feels isolated or unable to go out alone
- Mentor- providing mentoring support to people from a variety of backgrounds who are making the transition to independence
- Get Online Champion volunteer – supporting residents of Newcastle to access the internet and get online
Finishes at 14:30