Get involved by staying up-to-date with everything going on via this page. Want to become a member? You can now purchase a membership.
Newcastle Dermsoc is open for all students who are interested in a career in Dermatology, skincare or would like to learn more about the largest organ of the body. With many exciting events planned for 20/21, the society offers its members:
- Advice for a career in Dermatology
- Opportunities to meet trainees and consultants at workshops, networking events and talks
- Educational webinars and quizzes
- Talks on the science behind skincare
- Interesting talks on the rarer diseases in Dermatology
- The opportunity to learn and develop clinical skills associated with Dermatology
- The chance to meet students with similar interests and participate in social events
Events will be publicised on our social media pages so make sure to like and follow to keep up with the latest news!
DermSoc typically holds events throughout the year which will be announced and advertised on social media as well as the society page. Events will usually be held on campus, often around the Medical School, or online. We will generally meet on an evening after 5.00pm, a Wednesday afternoon or the weekend, when the majority of students will be available. There are no pre-requisites to join the society, except a bit of curiosity or interest for dermatology!