Brief Description of Society ActivitiesFemEng provides students on Engineering courses the opportunity to meet, share ideas, access career advice, network, and support one another. The society has representatives across all departments of the School of Engineering and is open to anyone!
Affiliated with the national Women's Engineering Society (WES), our aims are to:
- Inspire and support girls and women to achieve their full potential as engineers
- Provide a platform for personal and professional growth (via mentorship, outreach, networking, and counselling)
- Improve the retention of young women Engineering graduates
- Increase the exchange of ideas between departments in the School of Engineering
- Facilitate dialogue, connections, and collaborations between industrial partners, academics, students, and staff, as well as FemEng groups at other Universities
From information about job opportunities such as grad schemes and placements to hosting socials throughout the year and events such as to celebrate International Women in Engineering day, FemEng society aims to be the voice of women (including those who identify themselves as women and/or are discriminated against as women) and engineer a more inclusive culture at Newcastle for all!
Meeting Days, Times and Venues
See our social media for updates on our events and socials!
There are no pre-requisites for joining; the society is inclusive and open to all!
Society Contact Details
President - Alanna Molyneux
Twitter Page: https://mobile.twitter.com/FemEngNCL
Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/femeng.ncl/
Making a Finance Request
You must be a logged in member to make a finance request.
Haris Nadeem Bashir