Here at NUSU we are on the lookout for a number of Campus Sport Ambassadors to facilitate the delivery and promotion of Campus Sport. Interested in going into event management, sports coaching/officiating or sports development? Volunteering as an ambassador will look great on your CV and let you stand out in applications and interviews.
Campus Sport provides students the opportunity to play sport weekly in competitive and social divisions, in addition to offering one off sports tournaments each term. You can enter one of our team sports and represent your academic course, halls of residence, society, or if you want to just keep it simple, get a group of friends together! Alternatively, you can go it alone with one of our individual sports.
Hours per week: volunteers will be flexible and hours based upon how much time you wish to give. A typical month may involve, facilitating with the delivery of one of our sports (including setting up facilities/equipment, officiating and data collection), you will also be required to promote Campus Sport via a number of methods to recruit participants.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (you may do some or all the following responsibilities depending on your preference)
- Facilitate the sports in one or more of the following capacities: setting up the equipment/facility, refereeing/officiating, score and timekeeping, and data collection.
- Attend termly development meetings.
- Promote Campus Sport via promo events, including refreshers fair and one-off promo days.
- Promote Campus Sport via flyering and putting up posters around University buildings and Halls of Residence.
- Use NUSU Campus Sport social media to update participants on scores, upcoming events, and taking/posting photos and videos during activities.
- Recruit teams/participants for social and competitive leagues
If you would be interested in becoming an Ambassador or would like to know more about the role please contact the Sport Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org