Newcastle City Council's Envirocall Service is your single point of contact for the environmental issues and information in Newcastle.

  • Refuse collection and bulky rubbish collection
  • Fly-tipping
  • Litter and street cleaning
  • Grafitti
  • Grass and shrub maintainance
  • Pest control
  • Recycling information
  • Roads and footpath repairs
  • Street lighting
  • Noise nuisance
  • Gritting and snow clearance


Please help us keep your community clean and safe

Please only put your bin out the night before the collection adn take it back in as soon as possible. There are a number of issues associated with wheelie bins that are permanently left out:

  • Thieves may gain access to houses by climbing via wheeled bins;
  • They may obstruct access for pedestrians, emergancy and other vehicles;
  • They may be misused by other residents or tiped over and spilled contents attract vermin;
  • They contain materials which can easily be set alight
  • They may be stolen or damaged


What is my bin collection date?

You can find out your bin collection dates online by entering your house number and postcode through Newcastle City Council Website

Check Your Collection Date


Not enough bins? Need bigger bins?

If you do not have a green bin (general household waste), blue bin (for recycle items) or a black glass caddy in your blue bin; if you have six or more people in your hosuehold you are entitled to a larger green refuse bin, you can report this to Envirocall.

Report an issue with your bin


Information from the Jesmond Residents Association


Students in the Community Flyer (PDF)



Noise and anti-social behaviors

Where to get help:

Newcastle City Council: The Council provides an immediate response to noise complaints five days a week from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Calls received after this time will be investigated in the following day. Neighbours, who have represented reasons to complain, will be offered the opportunity to have their calls monitored and, if necessary, will be visted by an officer to witness the noise.

Telephone: 0191 278 78 78


For general noise and nuisance and other complaints:

Newcastle University Casework Team, Students Progress Service

Telephone: 0191 227 42 09



If related to a serious anti-social behavior or criminal damage, call 101 for non emergencies and 999 for emergencies.

101 online form.

Mohammed Khan
PC 2538 KHAN
Northumbria Police
Newcastle University Neighbourhood Police Officer
Barras Building

T:0191 2086345
T:101 ext 64235



The Student Advice Centre is the place to go for all your housing queries and troubles, they are specially trained in confidentiality and will persure your case so that you get the best outcome.

They also have a housing information booklet which contains frequently asked questions and various other pieces of information specially picked to try and centralise all the necessary information for you.


Shelter helps millions of people every year through their advice, support and legal services. This free service includes:

  • Face-to-face advice
  • Free National helpline
  • Online advice
  • Legal support

Newcastle Private Rented Service

Tenant services - a full property finding service, including:

  • Housing advice
  • Lists of properties available to rent
  • Rent Deposit scheme
  • Tenancy support and assistance
  • Benefit and debt advice

Landlord services - a package of lettings services, including:

  • property advertising scheme
  • Free referencing checking
  • Sign-up service
  • free tenancies agreements and notices

Telephone: 0191 277 14 38