Newcastle City Council's Envirocall Service is your single point of contact for the environmental issues and information in Newcastle.
- Refuse collection and bulky rubbish collection
- Litter and street cleaning
- Grass and shrub maintainance
- Pest control
- Recycling information
- Roads and footpath repairs
- Street lighting
- Noise nuisance
- Gritting and snow clearance
Please help us keep your community clean and safe
Please only put your bin out the night before the collection adn take it back in as soon as possible. There are a number of issues associated with wheelie bins that are permanently left out:
- Thieves may gain access to houses by climbing via wheeled bins;
- They may obstruct access for pedestrians, emergancy and other vehicles;
- They may be misused by other residents or tiped over and spilled contents attract vermin;
- They contain materials which can easily be set alight
- They may be stolen or damaged
What is my bin collection date?
You can find out your bin collection dates online by entering your house number and postcode through Newcastle City Council Website
Check Your Collection Date
Not enough bins? Need bigger bins?
If you do not have a green bin (general household waste), blue bin (for recycle items) or a black glass caddy in your blue bin; if you have six or more people in your hosuehold you are entitled to a larger green refuse bin, you can report this to Envirocall.
Report an issue with your bin
Information from the Jesmond Residents Association
Noise and anti-social behaviors
Where to get help:
Newcastle City Council: The Council provides an immediate response to noise complaints five days a week from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Calls received after this time will be investigated in the following day. Neighbours, who have represented reasons to complain, will be offered the opportunity to have their calls monitored and, if necessary, will be visted by an officer to witness the noise.
Telephone: 0191 278 78 78
For general noise and nuisance and other complaints:
Newcastle University Casework Team, Students Progress Service
Telephone: 0191 227 42 09
If related to a serious anti-social behavior or criminal damage, call 101 for non emergencies and 999 for emergencies.
PC 2538 KHAN
Newcastle University Neighbourhood Police Officer
T:101 ext 64235
The Student Advice Centre is the place to go for all your housing queries and troubles, they are specially trained in confidentiality and will persure your case so that you get the best outcome.
They also have a housing information booklet which contains frequently asked questions and various other pieces of information specially picked to try and centralise all the necessary information for you.
Newcastle Private Rented Service
Tenant services - a full property finding service, including:
- Housing advice
- Lists of properties available to rent
- Rent Deposit scheme
- Tenancy support and assistance
- Benefit and debt advice
Landlord services - a package of lettings services, including:
- property advertising scheme
- Free referencing checking
- Sign-up service
- free tenancies agreements and notices
Private Rented Service Website
Alternatively you can contact them here:
Telephone: 0191 277 14 38