As we head into the last week of Industrial Action, it’s important to let you know what we’re doing to represent you and mitigate the impact of the strikes on your student experience:
- We have ensured that all information is up-to-date and readily available via: https://www.nusu.co.uk/news/article/6013/How-will-the-future-strikes-affect-you/. It’s so important that you’re aware of your rights during this period and know what you need to do.
- We have also advertised the University’s Industrial Action Impact Form which is accessible via: https://my.ncl.ac.uk/students/industrial-action-impact-form.php?fbclid=IwAR37fX9llJBcc6LJwieM3zNXG67AB_Q9X5FJTVQub8-yfeqxyZA4DWOQaO8. If you’ve been impacted by strikes it’s so important to keep a note of how you’ve been effected and inform the University of this so they can act on it.
- There was a live Q&A session alongside the Uni last week to ensure students’ voices were heard, and their administrative/procedural questions answered. Topics such as PEC forms, Industrial Action Impact forms and compensation were covered. Answers to questions can be found at https://my.ncl.ac.uk/students/industrial-action-liveqa-2March.php?fbclid=IwAR2euRjniJJOFn4j6XUiSkI2CuYYk-JF2-4Cjbr_eVgjmDQI42AL7GmT3Ps.
- I sit on University strike mitigation meetings to represent the student voice, and lobbied for extra counselling sessions, longer opening times for facilities across campus and more provisions for writing development and maths aid during the strike period. And moving forward, will lobby the University to provide students with the compensation they deserve.
- We also have Learning Disruption Feedback Forms for Course Reps to get feedback from the students’ they represent on the impact of the strikes on learning outcomes, specifically the impact on assessments.
- All recent FAQ’s can be found at: https://my.ncl.ac.uk/students/industrial-action-faqs.php
- We have a Student Advice Centre who can advise you on particular issues during this period, and appointments can be made at https://www.nusu.co.uk/support/sac/.
I hope this clears some things up and any questions please send across to email@example.com.