The deadline to join the committee has now passed, but if you are interested in joining, message Sohum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) student and is passionate about raising concerns our student community face on/off campus? Would you like to help represent and express the thoughts and feelings of fellow BAME students at a student union forum?
It is now, more important than ever, that BAME voices are heard and represented and it behooves us to ensure there are opportunities to facilitate this. In view of this and of my commitment as BAME officer, I invite you to sit on the new BAME committee 2020-2021. No previous experience needed.
Below is a list of aims (inexhaustive) which I hope the committee meetings will achieve -
- Raising issues BAME students face in university and on campus
- Be a point of contact and support network for BAME students
- Share thoughts on improving university life (eg including postcolonial perspectives in curriculums)
- Helping organise and run relevant events
- Help create new innovative ideas to further BAME representation
Needless to say, this also an opportunity to gain experience to develop skills that can be a valuable addition to your CV.
If you’d like to be a part of this committee, then get in touch with me (email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org), stating your intent along with a brief summary outlining why you’d like to join and what you’d like to achieve this year in our efforts to represent BAME students at Newcastle University.
If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, either!