What is a Domestic Abuse Awareness Champion?
· A DV Champion acts as a listening ear for individuals experiencing Domestic Abuse.
· A DV Champion’s role is to signpost and advise individuals to relevant services and support
What qualities and experience do you need?
· You do not need prior knowledge of domestic abuse to take part in this training!
· You need to be Kind and Compassionate, Empathetic and Understanding.
What will the training involve?
Training will cover topics such as;
- Effects of Abuse on Survivors
- Types of abuse
- Warning Signs
- Sources of Suppor
- Self Esteem
- The perpetrator
Once graduated as a DV Champion, you will be expected to attend networking meetings to discuss your role, receive ongoing training and make referrals to West End Women and Girls and other agencies!
This is great experience and looks great on your CV!
· There will be an info sessions on Tuesday 14th Jan 5pm.
· DV Champions opportunities are only available to women aged 18-25.
Contact email@example.com for more information