We hope to create a new Archive on the heritage and lived experience of Mental Health in the North East. This archive will be based on contemporary perspectives on Mental Health heritage, elevating representation, voice and equality in archival material as well as creating new narratives and future archives by creative means.
As a volunteer taking part in the Heads & Tales Project, Chilli Studios will give you the opportunity to strengthen and gain skills in a variety of different area as well as knowing you have supported a worthwhile cause and inclusive Heritage Project in the North East. These volunteer roles are flexible and can be expanded to personal interests.
1. Research Volunteer
As a Volunteer Researcher you will be supporting members/participants in accessing current archives and guide them through the research process in both Museum settings or online. Training will be available for this. You can also choose to carry out your own mini research project in one or more of the key themes and areas of the heritage project. Key themes includes:
• The Social & Political Context
• Language & media
• Mapping & location
• Recordings, creations & ephemeral (from those experiencing Mental Health issues).
2. Digital Volunteer
As a Digital Volunteer you will be supporting the projects digital systems and the important role of supporting the creation and maintenance of the online Heritage Archive/Website platform. This role may involve: • Support in scanning and digitalising of old Hospital records and objects
• Recording and creating new audio, video and media on current day stories perspectives
• Supporting creative sessions that include photography, animation and audio/radio recordings
• Saving material and supporting database systems
• Supporting the creation of programming interactive searches for the website
• Supporting promotion and marketing of the project
3. Activities Volunteer
As an Activities Volunteer you will be helping in the project's activities and trips. This is a more person based role so experience in working with vulnerable adults is desired. All above aspects also will involve working with our members, volunteers and staff in skill sharing and support of the projects development.
Contact Go Volunteer for more information