Green Schools Project supports young people to lead environmental projects such as energy saving and encouraging walking to school, helping to inspire their school and community to go green. It involves them in social action, building their leadership, communication and teamwork skills as well as their confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Role title: Volunteer Eco-Team Coordinator
We are looking for an enthusiastic university student volunteer to help deliver our programme and support a Secondary school Eco-Team at a school in South Shields.
- Visit schools for their Eco-Team meetings once a week or at least once every two weeks.
- Support the school coordinator to promote student leadership of the environmental projects that the school is carrying out.
- Motivate and inspire the Eco-Team members to change the behaviour of staff and students at their school and take this home into their community.
- Help and support the teacher and students to use the Green Schools Project support materials and complete the tasks on the website.
- Carry out impact measurement for Green Schools Project and the participating school.
The meetings will take place once per week. This will be on a weekday afternoon but is dependent on the school. Once arranged, the meeting will take place at the same time each week. It will last roughly one hour.
The volunteer will receive training from Green Schools Project, which will cover the following:
- Background of environmental education in schools – where we are and where we would like to be.
- Communication – how to and how not to interact with staff and pupils at the school.
- Guidance on Green Schools Project materials – the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the resources and methodology of Green Schools Project.
- Safeguarding – understanding the procedures required to maintain the safety and wellbeing of the pupils involved.
Contact email@example.com for more information.