NCL Apprentice is a three week competition open to all students across the university. It happens over three consecutive Wednesday afternoons on 27th February, 6th March and 13th March from 12 – 6pm. Each week the students are set a challenge to work on in teams and pitch back their solutions at the end of the day to a panel of judges. There is a prize of £300 up for grabs for the winners.
Firstly students can apply to take part in the competition by following the link www.ncl.ac.uk/careers/nclapprentice
By joining the competition you will get the chance to:
- Build essential skills for employability such as communication, presentation, creative problem solving and commercial acumen amongst many more
- Enhance your CV with the experience
- Find interview examples to be used in competency scenarios such as “ tell me a time when you worked successfully as part of a team / overcame a problem”
- Have the chance of winning a cash prize of up to £300 and being crowned NCL Apprentice Champion 2019
- Meet regional employers from a diverse range of backgrounds who will be acting as judges
The second opportunity will be appropriate for students who are interested, but perhaps dont have the time commitment for the three week competition.
We are looking for a students to sit on a judging panel in round 2 which is March 6th from 4-6pm. This will include you observing student pitches and deliberating with other judges on who should make it through to the next round.
This will enable you the opportunity to:
- Represent students at Newcastle University and gain experience of being on a judging panel
- Decide which pitch most closely aligns with their idea of student experience at Newcastle University
- Enhance your CV by noting their attendance as a student facilitator at a university wide competition
If you would like to volunteer for this email email@example.com