Find below some brand new opportunities in and around the Newcastle Area. If you would like to sign up to any of the activities below please email email@example.com with your name, the project title and your student ID.
We are desperate to get help in our launderette which is open on the following days and times;
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8.30 through till 3pm (or any part thereof)
Saturday 8.30 through till 12.30 pm
Wednesday 2.30 through till 5 pm
We are really hoping for some regular support even if it’s a couple of hours for any day. This is mainly to help with folding as we are overrun at the moment, any help at all we’d really appreciate.
We are based in Shieldfield and help the older residents of Shieldfield live happy independent lives
Ouseburn Trust are recruiting ‘Green Team’ Supervisors to do the following:
- Oversee and support corporate and individual volunteers
- Undertake practical conservation and maintenance work in green spaces
- Assist in planning and monitoring environmental tasks and projects
- Undertake training to assist you in this role
If you have a passion for conservation and outdoor work and enjoy working with a broad mix of people we would love to hear from you.
STAR AND SHADOW CINEMA
When you walk through the door of the Star & Shadow you make a friend. This sentiment resonates with most of our volunteers. To keep the establishment going we need you to keep getting involved.
We need gardeners, window cleaners, cake makers, sweepers, bar staff, event organisers, people who make things happen, people who make things, admin folk, marketing folk, DIY culture enthusiasts, front of house specialists, back of house crackerjacks, keyholder hotshots and technical dab hands.
Everything can be learned on the job, by shadowing your volunteer friend and doing our inductions. Inductions are always on a Sunday
You can volunteer for a job, a one-off occasion, a regular weekly slot – however it best fits with you.
THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION
What is a Caseworker Volunteer?
The Royal British Legion provides services and support to members of the Armed Forces community, and volunteer play a key part in this. In this role you will be supporting the Legion by meeting with people that we support to assess their needs and manage the delivery of straightforward cases.
This role may involve:
• Meeting people we support in Legion premises or in their homes.
• Interviewing the people we support to assess their needs and circumstances
• Completing the relevant paperwork to ensure they receive the services and support they are entitled to.
• Developing a plan with people, and report back to a Case Officer, making recommendations.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Legion, its values and behaviours, objectives and services and support.
• Develop an understanding of the statutory benefits framework, and local support services.
• You may have the opportunity to be involved in sales of Poppy Shop items using the electronic ordering system (no cash handling), if based in a Pop In Centre, which may include restocking products.
This may suit people who are:
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Comfortable working on their own.
• Confident in the use of computers and the internet, particularly Microsoft Office and email.
• Able to organise own workload and work to deadlines.
• Committed to acting in line with Legion policies and procedures, including those relating to data protection; confidentiality; safeguarding; health and safety and equality and diversity.
• Willing to give a regular commitment of time.