The RSPB is the country's largest nature conservation charity, inspiring everyone to give nature a home and secure a healthy environment for wildlife
Our Facebook and Twitter pages in Northern England are playing an increasing important role in communicating with our members and supporters about news, events and campaigns. They are also sometimes the first point of contact people who are looking for information about the work of the RSPB in Northern England.
The use of film content on social media can help increase engagement and enable us to get our message across to more of our members and supporters.
We are looking for a dedicated volunteer to write, film and edit short, creative and quirky films that that will support our communications through our social media channels. You will be given briefs on the films required but will also be encouraged to come up with your own ideas.
This is predominantly a home based role so you will need your own filming and editing equipment (eg iPhone and Mac / smartphone/PC)
What's in it for you:
• Use your film making skills to promote the country's largest nature conservation charity across Northern England and beyond
• Get an insight into a creative communications role within a large charity
• An induction to the RSPB, our vision, brand and ways of working
• Be at the forefront of creative and innovative solutions to help Save Nature.
• Be part of a friendly, supportive team
• Regular line management support
• Opportunities to use and develop skills and personal initiative
• Flexible volunteering – hours and days
• References if appropriate
The skills you need:
• Experience of making film content for social media
• Experience of using social media.
• A passion for nature and some knowledge of the work of the RSPB an advantage
• Computer literate
• Excellent English language communication skills
• The ability to get ideas across in a simple and an engaging manner
• Willingness to attend training and updates
Appropriate training will be provided and expenses will be reimbursed where necessary. The RSPB is the country's largest nature conservation charity, inspiring everyone to give nature a home.
To apply for this volunteer role, please send a CV and brief email to say why you think you'd be great for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: Flexible but ideally September.