The Late Shows is a free late-night culture crawl in NewcastleGateshead on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 May 2018. Last year The Late Shows included over 70 daytime arts, culture and heritage venues staying open late for our Late Show visitors. During The Late Shows, museums, galleries, studio collectives and landmark historical buildings come together to offer visitors one-off events including hands-on workshops, behind-the-scenes tours, performances and parties.
We are looking for volunteers to work as event stewards around and near the Late Shows venues.
As a Late Show 2019 steward, you will represent The Late Shows by:
• Meeting and greeting visitors.
• Providing excellent customer service to The Late Shows visitors.
• Handing out programmes to visitors and an environmentally friendly alternative to the now obsolete late shows glow stick.
• Fielding questions from members of the public and knowing where to signpost them to.
• Giving directions to venues and bus stops (you'll be provided with a volunteer lanyard listing all the information you'll need)
• Chatting with visitors about other venues on the route that they may enjoy or even provide the information they need to plan their routes.
• Keeping the Late Shows event vital and exciting for the public.
Late Shows Stewards are the public face of this amazing event and we can't do it without you!
We can also help by covering your travel expenses to and from the The Late Shows
Contact Go Volunteer for more information