The Tyne and wear Branch are looking for dynamic and caring volunteers to help to organise activities.
The Gym club accommodates autistic young people and provides a non-structured class where children are welcome to use the space and equipment as they like. Parents/carers have to remain on site so you won't be responsible for supervising these children - just for helping out and having fun!
The branch Gym club runs Sundays 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Venue: Benfield Centre for Sporting Excellence, Benfield Road, Newcastle, NE6 4NU.
The branch are also looking for more volunteers and welcome applicants for the committee in roles such as
Health and Safety Officer
Outings and activity Coordinator
If you are
• Confident communicating with Branch Members and listening to their thoughts and ideas.
• Organised and able to plan ahead.
• Be able to work in a team with young people, NAS staff and other volunteers
• Friendly ,enthusiastic and reliable
• Empathetic, understanding and open minded and be willing to learn
• A good communicator with and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use your own initiative and common sense
This role will provides
• a fantastic opportunity to work directly with autistic children and young people.
• Access free training and learn new skills
• Meet new people
• get involved with the planning and running of the club
• It is an opportunity to make a real difference to someone’s life and learn about life from the perspective of someone with autism
• You will develop new skills and meet new people
• Have a worthwhile achievement to be proud of and add to your CV and Up-to-date references
Training available: Safe Guarding, Legal and Safe, There will also be an opportunity for regular volunteers to access Ask Autism awareness training this is an online training.
Contact Go Volunteer for more information