LAST CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS – 30th April 2019 DEADLINE
Volunteer role: Variety of volunteer roles.
The World Transplant Games Federation give recipients of transplants the motivation to strive towards full rehabilitation through exercise, camaraderie and healthy living. The main objective of the World Transplant Games is to demonstrate that people with transplants can compete in sporting activities and well. These Games, on a much smaller scale, also allow donor families and living donors to get involved and be part of the celebration.
Gateshead will be hosting the World Transplant Games in 2019 The Games will take place from 17th – 24th August 2019.
The Games will require volunteers to help with the delivery of the events. The type of volunteer roles that will become available in the lead up to the Games include:
- General event volunteers
- Social event volunteers
- Sport specific volunteers
- Communications and branding volunteers
- Registration volunteers
Volunteers will be:
- provided with training relevant to the specific volunteer role
- part of the overall volunteer team delivering and support the Games
- provided with refreshments/lunch when required
- provided a t-shirt to wear whenever volunteering
- when not volunteering, offered an opportunity to be a spectator at the Games where possible
- able to develop a unique experience to enhance their own skills set
The training provided will be free online information. This will be an accredited training source and will including sections such as Event Management, Health and Safety and Customer Services amongst other areas.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply