Newcastle University knows that time spent with animals can alleviate worry, provide comfort and mitigate against feelings of isolation and loneliness. Combining this with fresh air and physical exercise, can be a cocktail for positive physical and mental wellbeing. To support you in this, why not spend time with the Student Health and Wellbeing dog Bessie? Bessie is available for walks and company, most weekdays at 10am, 12pm and 2.30pm, for up to an hour. To book your time with Bessie or find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
I love being walked in Exhibition Park and I’ll always meet you at the University Security Office, Barras Building for pick up and drop off (see attached map).
There a few rules,
- Always contact me via you University email address.
- Have fun and enjoy our time together.
- Stroke me loads.
- Don’t be shy with me, if you’re confident I feel secure.
- Please bring your campus card for identification (I like to know who I’m having fun with).
- Please be punctual and let me know if you cannot make our date (I’m in high demand, don’t you know).
- I have to stay on my lead.
- Only feed me the treats the University staff provide.
- I’m super cute and clean but to be safe, please wash your hands before and after spending time with me.
- I have to be back and snuggled up, within the hour of us setting out on our adventure.
- Any problems during our time together just call 0191 208 5870.