We are delighted to announce that Eleasha Haslam has been elected to the role of NUSU Marginalised Genders Officer. Eleasha won the election following the first round of voting and will take up the role immediately joining:
- Amani Alrossies (Student Parents, Guardians & Carers Officer)
- Chinyere Emeka (International Students' Officer)
- Christopher Winter (Students with Faith or Belief Officer)
- Georgia Corbett (Disability Officer)
- Sian Dickie (Commuting Students Officer)
- Tobias Lawrence (LGBT+ Officer)
- Rabeeyah Cheema (Racial Equality Officer)
as part of the NUSU Liberation Officer team for 2019/20.
The Marginalised Genders Officer is responsible for ensuring that issues concerning discrimination against marginalised genders are accurately represented within the Students’ Union and the University. They will also work closely with the other Liberation Officers and NUSU’s Welfare & Equality Officer to provide representation, advice and awareness to those affected by gender discrimination.
Thank you to Katie-Jane Bennetto who also contetsted the election and on behalf of everyone at NUSU we would like to wish Eleasha all the best in the role!.