Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before using the NUSU website.
- This website, www.nusu.co.uk (the 'Website') is provided by Newcastle University Students' Union. The use of the Website is governed by these Terms and Condition and such other documents referred to herein. By using the Website you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website."We", "Our" or "Us" means NUSU and the terms "You" or "your" means the person accessing or using the Website.
- NUSU reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any substantial changes will be notified by posting a prominent notice on the Website.
- This Website and any information or other material contained in it are made available to you strictly on the basis that you accept it on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. As such, NUSU make no warranties, representations or undertakings in relation to:
- any of the content of the Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Website.
- You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet. We make no guarantees that the Website is free from computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading the Website or its contents.
- Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by NUSU of such websites in any way.
- Where you rely on any information or other material contained in this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this Website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this Website or of any other Website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this Website or any material or content accessed through it.
- For the avoidance of doubt we own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure relating to it. This Website is protected by Copyright and the Copyright, Trademarks, logos and Intellectual Property rights for the content of this Website are the property of NUSU. Any use, printing or copying of materials on this Website, other than in the course of browsing, is strictly prohibited. Any framing of this Website is prohibited. You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our express permission, to:
- store the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Website, or any part of the Website, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
- All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
- You agree that the Website is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree that no materials of any kind submitted by You, will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
- NUSU does not monitor individual submissions posted onto the Website by Users, but will respond as quickly as possible to any complaints received from Users who object to the nature of such content. Where such complaints are found to be justified, NUSU reserves the right to use, disclose or remove any information or materials without notice or compensation. If you wish to complain about any content appearing on the Website please email: email@example.com
- The materials posted by Users do not necessarily reflect the views of NUSU. NUSU expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this Website.
- By posting materials to the Website, you authorise NUSU to use and/or authorise others to use any such materials in any manner or medium. You may not advertise or solicit on the Website without NUSU's express permission.
Use of data is compliant with the Newcastle University Code of Practice on Data Protection http://www.ncl.ac.uk/data.protection/
- We will not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent. NUSU will only send you information that is deemed relevant to your membership at NUSU. Once you have updated your preferences, you have thereby given your consent to be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in.
- If you wish to be unsubscribed from NUSU emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves.
All orders will shipped within 28 days. Any items that are made to order may take longer, this will be clearly displayed on the product page.
All items can be collected from the NUSU Shop on the Ground foor. You can select Collect or Delivery at Checkout.
Return Policy for NUSU Clothing & Gifts
Full refunds are available for NUSU Clothing & gifts that are returned within 28 days of receipt with proof of purchase (transaction email receipt). An exchange of goods up to the value of the original purchase will be offered for items returned after this period. Returned goods must be unworn and unwashed.
To arrange a return
- Email email@example.com or
- visit the NUSU Shop on the ground floor of the Student Union building or
- call 0191 239 3944.
The above refund & returns policy is limited to goods sold online by the Students' Union Shop and does not apply to sports kit and clothing associated with Sports Clubs, Societies, Networks or other student groups or events.
Refunds: Sorry but tickets are non-refundable unless in the event of cancellation.
Lost Tickets: If you lose your tickets contact firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your purchase and we'll see if we can help you so you don't miss out, though this will depending on the event and circumstances at the time.
Memberships of Sports Clubs and Societies
You can cancel your membership of a Sports Club, Society or Network within 20 working days (term time) of joining, and you will receive a full refund. This does not apply if you have already been selected by the club to represent NUSU in a competition, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Your membership of the Sports Clubs and Societies is conditional on your proper conduct and therefore can be withdrawn if you breach our values, policies or codes of practice. Please read the Athletic Union Constitution or Societies Constitution.
NUSU’s Textbook Exchange service facilitates contact between students and advertisement of products, but takes no accountability for transaction or quality of product.
Please note that NUSU receives no payment from this service
NUSU is not accountable if the price advertised is more than RRP. We advise and encourage sellers to offer their products at a fair price that is under RRP.
All descriptions and content related to the product are provided by the seller and are unable to be verified by NUSU.