Got an idea for a new volunteer project? Our Grant Scheme can help you start up your own initiative and get more involved with your own voluneering opportunity. Find out more about starting your own project through our Grant Scheme below.
About the Scheme
Got an idea for a new volunteering project? If you are a student at Newcastle University you could be in with the chance to get funding from NUSU. All you have to do is get in touch! No matter how wacky or practical your idea is, as long as it benefits others (and of course is a form of volunteering) we want to hear it.
We will also be recruiting new student panel members to help assess applications and allocate funds. Students will meet every few weeks to appraise the applications and decide on what funding and support each project will receive. This is an interesting, unique opportunity which will look great on your CV for the future. If you would like to join our panel, contact Mike.
Some of the projects we gave grants to in the past include:
- LOT: Fine Art Students built a pavilion for community art events in the Ouseburn.
- Caked by the Nation: a creative campaign to raise money for orphans in Indonesia. This project involving nominating a friend to be 'caked' in the face.
- INTOgration: helping INTO students with their English language skills
- Project Surf: a partnership with the South Shields Surf School which allows autistic young people a chance to surf.
- Brush Up: the Brush Up society used the funding to buy a mobile dental chair which will allow them to give oral hygiene information and advice to children in the harder to reach areas of the North East.
To apply for the Grant, browse our guidance notes, watch our video and use the application form below.
Download Guidance Notes
The current pandemic is having a big effect on all of our lives and we must all pull together to get through it. Therefore we are actively encouraging applications for projects which can help in the fight against the impact of the virus.