WHAT DID YOU STUDY?
PhD Clinical Toxicology.
WHAT IS YOUR ROLE?
My role is represent all students as a parent, guardian and/or carer (i.e. anyone who cares, unpaid, for another person who suffers from a physical or mental illness or an addiction and could not cope without their support).
I am international students of PhD program in institution of cellular medicine. I am also mother for two little boys. I were an academic supervisor at college of pharmacy for five years and dealt with students’ difficulties. Therefore, I feel that I want to pursue of helping students who they are with dependents and/or with unpaid caring responsibilities, with particular regard to flexible teaching and timetabling, funding, information, advice and guidance, childcare and any other relevant issues.
- Identify student carers at Newcastle university and build a supportive community
- Raise awareness of serviced available at the university
- Work with university and external organizations on issues that affect students with caring responsibilities.
- Investigate the possibility of demand of a student parent’s society
- Organise events/ actively campaign for student carers when they need.